To offer commuter students a link to the campus community through programming, advocating and providing a welcoming environment.
As a UB commuter student, it will be particularly important for you to become "connected" to the University outside the classroom. Find out about services and programs designed especially for you as a commuter.
As a UB commuter student, adjusting to college life may present you with a different set of challenges than on-campus residents experience. Although you are living at home, as you did in high school, your friends, your schedule, your priorities and some aspects of your family life will undoubtedly change. It will be particularly important for you to become "connected" to the University outside the classroom. Otherwise, you may find yourself simply coming to campus, going to your classes and then heading directly home or perhaps to a part-time, off-campus job.
If you have recently moved off-campus from the residence halls, your needs and concerns are similar to those of a commuter student. Student Activities offers services, programs and activities to help meet the needs of commuter and off-campus students.
Do you want to get involved on campus but aren't quite sure how to go about it? Student Activities offers great ways to get involved. Whether it's a job with the Student Programming Board, volunteering for programs, or a list of all the clubs, groups, and organizations here at UB (UBLinked ).
Discover exciting things to do on campus with this weekly listing of events:
- Life & Learning Workshops - Wellness & Recreation - 2/24/17 3:00 p.m., Intro to Meditation
- Life & Learning Workshops - Wellness & Recreation - 2/24/17 3:30 p.m., Meditation Group
- Book Reading - 2/25/17 8:00 p.m., Eli Clare - Brilliant Imperfection: Grappling with Cure
- Life & Learning Workshops - Adjusting to College - 2/27/17 3:00 p.m., Suicide Prevention Training: Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR)
- Life & Learning Workshops - Careers - 2/27/17 4:00 p.m., Making the Most of the Job Fair
- Life & Learning Workshops - Wellness & Recreation - 2/27/17 5:15 p.m., Yoga for Student Living
- Career - 2/28/17 9:00 a.m., Internship Day
- Weekly Nutrition Event - 2/28/17 11:00 a.m., Eat Me. Fruits & Veggies.
- Life & Learning Workshops - Careers - 2/28/17 3:30 p.m., Interviewing Skills that Work
- Cultural Discoveries - 2/28/17 5:00 p.m., International Tea Time
- Eating Disorders Awareness Week - 3/1/17 11:00 a.m., Wellness Activity Day - Love the Skin You?re In: Be.YOU.tiful
- Career Fair - 3/1/17 12:00 p.m., Spring Job & Internship Fair
- Life & Learning Workshops - Wellness & Recreation - 3/1/17 2:00 p.m., What Would You Do? Bystander Intervention Training (B)
- Life & Learning Workshops - Wellness & Recreation - 3/1/17 5:00 p.m., Gentle Hatha Yoga and Relaxation
- Smoking Cessation - 3/2/17 11:00 a.m., Quit Smoking Walk-in Clinics
- Life & Learning Workshops - Diversity - 3/2/17 4:00 p.m., Images of Africa: Perception versus Reality
- Life & Learning Workshops - Wellness & Recreation - 3/2/17 5:15 p.m., Yoga for Student Living
Don't forget to check the UBevents Calendar for a full listing of events on campus.
Visit these pages to make the most out of your time at UB.