To offer commuter students a link to the campus community through programming, advocating and providing a welcoming environment.
As a UB commuter student, it will be particularly important for you to become "connected" to the University outside the classroom. Find out about services and programs designed especially for you as a commuter.
As a UB commuter student, adjusting to college life may present you with a different set of challenges than on-campus residents experience. Although you are living at home, as you did in high school, your friends, your schedule, your priorities and some aspects of your family life will undoubtedly change. It will be particularly important for you to become "connected" to the University outside the classroom. Otherwise, you may find yourself simply coming to campus, going to your classes and then heading directly home or perhaps to a part-time, off-campus job.
If you have recently moved off-campus from the residence halls, your needs and concerns are similar to those of a commuter student. Student Activities offers services, programs and activities to help meet the needs of commuter and off-campus students.
Do you want to get involved on campus but aren't quite sure how to go about it? Student Activities offers great ways to get involved. Whether it's a job with the Student Programming Board, volunteering for programs, or a list of all the clubs, groups, and organizations here at UB (UBLinked ).
Discover exciting things to do on campus with this weekly listing of events:
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/27/2015 5:15 p.m., Yoga for Student Living
- Nutrition Programming - 4/28/2015 1:00 p.m., Snacking Tuesdays
- International Tea Time - 4/28/15 5:00 p.m., International Tea Time
- UB ADA Celebration - 4/29/15 9:00 a.m., ADA Legacy Tour & Symposium
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month - 4/29/15 12:00 p.m., The Hunting Ground - Film Screening & Discussion
- Countdown to Commencement - 4/29/2015 12:00 p.m., Sign a Buffalo
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/29/2015 4:00 p.m., What to Expect the First Year on the Job: How to Be Connected and Professional
- LGBTQ Programming - 4/29/2015 5:00 p.m., Queer Women's Group
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/29/2015 6:00 p.m., Adjusting to Life After Graduation
- LGBTQ Programming - 4/29/2015 6:30 p.m., LGBTQ Students of Color Group
- Distinguished Speakers Series - 4/29/2015 8:00 p.m., Steve Wozniak
- UB ADA Celebration - 4/30/15 9:00 a.m., ADA Legacy Tour & Symposium
- Smoking Cessation - 4/30/2015 11:00 a.m., Thursday Quit Smoking Walk-in Clinic
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/30/2015 4:00 p.m., Major of the Month: Career Panel Discussion - Environmental Geosciences
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/30/2015 4:00 p.m., Preparing for Fall 2016 Application to the Professional Health Schools
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/30/2015 5:15 p.m., Yoga for Student Living
- Smoking Cessation - 5/1/2015 11:00 a.m., Friday Quit Smoking Walk-in Clinic
- Commencement Activity - 5/1/2015 1:30 p.m., School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences (MD) Commencement Ceremony
- Violence Prevention Programming - 5/1/2015 6:00 p.m., Alliance Social Night
- Late Night UB - 5/1/2015 10:00 p.m., Harry Potter Finals Party
- Community Service - 5/2/15 9:00 a.m., UB Pride & Service Day
Don't forget to check the UBevents Calendar for a full listing of events on campus.
Visit these pages to make the most out of your time at UB.