To offer commuter students a link to the campus community through programming, advocating and providing a welcoming environment.
As a UB commuter student, it will be particularly important for you to become "connected" to the University outside the classroom. Find out about services and programs designed especially for you as a commuter.
As a UB commuter student, adjusting to college life may present you with a different set of challenges than on-campus residents experience. Although you are living at home, as you did in high school, your friends, your schedule, your priorities and some aspects of your family life will undoubtedly change. It will be particularly important for you to become "connected" to the University outside the classroom. Otherwise, you may find yourself simply coming to campus, going to your classes and then heading directly home or perhaps to a part-time, off-campus job.
If you have recently moved off-campus from the residence halls, your needs and concerns are similar to those of a commuter student. Student Activities offers services, programs and activities to help meet the needs of commuter and off-campus students.
Do you want to get involved on campus but aren't quite sure how to go about it? Student Activities offers great ways to get involved. Whether it's a job with the Student Programming Board, volunteering for programs, or a list of all the clubs, groups, and organizations here at UB (UBLinked ).
Discover exciting things to do on campus with this weekly listing of events:
- Life & Learning Workshops - 2/28/2015 10:00 a.m., Diversity Institute: Part II
- Life & Learning Workshops - 3/2/2015 2:00 p.m., One Down... Seven More to Go! Semesters, That is!
- Life & Learning Workshops - 3/2/2015 3:00 p.m., Ph.D Students: The Academic Job Search for Research and Faculty Positions
- Life & Learning Workshops - 3/2/2015 5:00 p.m., Gentle Hatha Yoga
- Life & Learning Workshops - 3/2/2015 5:15 p.m., Yoga for Student Living
- CareerFest - 3/3/15 11:00 a.m., Career Prep Day
- Nutrition Programming - 3/3/2015 1:00 p.m., Snacking Tuesdays
- Life & Learning Workshops - 3/3/2015 3:30 p.m., Making the Most of the Job Fair
- Life & Learning Workshops - 3/3/2015 3:30 p.m., Prehealth Committee Student Information Meeting (C)
- Life & Learning Workshops - 3/3/2015 4:30 p.m., Universal Design Yoga
- International Tea Time - 3/3/15 5:00 p.m., International Tea Time
- Life & Learning Workshops - 3/3/2015 7:30 p.m., Leading Self: Navigating Self Care in Social Justice Conversations
- Late Night UB - 3/4/2015 12:00 p.m., Build a Victor and Game Day
- UB ADA Celebration - 3/4/15 1:00 p.m., Disability Studies Presentation
- Life & Learning Workshops - 3/4/2015 4:00 p.m., Resume Writing for Jobs and Internships (C)
- Life & Learning Workshops - 3/4/2015 5:00 p.m., Gentle Hatha Yoga
- LGBTQ Programming - 3/4/2015 5:00 p.m., Queer Women's Group
- LGBTQ Programming - 3/4/2015 6:30 p.m., LGBTQ Students of Color Group
- Smoking Cessation - 3/5/2015 11:00 a.m., Thursday Quit Smoking Walk-in Clinic
- UB ADA Celebration - 3/5/15 1:00 p.m., Workshop on Intentional Inclusion
- Life & Learning Workshops - 3/5/2015 3:30 p.m., Graduate Students: Networking Strategies and Job Search Tools
- Life & Learning Workshops - 3/5/2015 5:15 p.m., Yoga for Student Living
- Life & Learning Workshops - 3/5/2015 5:30 p.m., Leading Self: Social Media - How to Effectively Use It
- Smoking Cessation - 3/6/2015 11:00 a.m., Friday Quit Smoking Walk-in Clinic
- Leadership Program - 3/6/15 3:00 p.m., A SLiCE of Leadership
- Late Night UB - 3/6/2015 10:00 p.m., Murder Mystery
Don't forget to check the UBevents Calendar for a full listing of events on campus.
Visit these pages to make the most out of your time at UB.