To offer commuter students a link to the campus community through programming, advocating and providing a welcoming environment.
As a UB commuter student, it will be particularly important for you to become "connected" to the University outside the classroom. Find out about services and programs designed especially for you as a commuter.
As a UB commuter student, adjusting to college life may present you with a different set of challenges than on-campus residents experience. Although you are living at home, as you did in high school, your friends, your schedule, your priorities and some aspects of your family life will undoubtedly change. It will be particularly important for you to become "connected" to the University outside the classroom. Otherwise, you may find yourself simply coming to campus, going to your classes and then heading directly home or perhaps to a part-time, off-campus job.
If you have recently moved off-campus from the residence halls, your needs and concerns are similar to those of a commuter student. Student Activities offers services, programs and activities to help meet the needs of commuter and off-campus students.
Do you want to get involved on campus but aren't quite sure how to go about it? Student Activities offers great ways to get involved. Whether it's a job with the Student Programming Board, volunteering for programs, or a list of all the clubs, groups, and organizations here at UB (UBLinked ).
Discover exciting things to do on campus with this weekly listing of events:
- Countdown to Commencement - 4/1/2015 12:00 p.m., Sign a Buffalo
- UB ADA Celebration - 4/1/15 1:00 p.m., Screening of film Fixed with Regan Brashear (Director/Producer)
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/1/2015 4:00 p.m., So, You Want to Be a Doctor, Dentist, Vet, Chiropractor, Optometrist, Podiatrist or Physician Assistant? (B)
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/1/2015 4:00 p.m., LinkedIn: Create a Great Profile
- LGBTQ Programming - 4/1/2015 5:00 p.m., Queer Women's Group
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/1/2015 5:00 p.m., Gentle Hatha Yoga
- LGBTQ Programming - 4/1/2015 6:30 p.m., LGBTQ Students of Color Group
- UB ADA Celebration - 4/1/15 7:00 p.m., Screening of film Fixed with Regan Brashear (Director/Producer)
- Distinguished Speakers Series - 4/1/2015 8:00 p.m., Robert Ballard
- Smoking Cessation - 4/2/2015 11:00 a.m., Thursday Quit Smoking Walk-in Clinic
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/2/2015 3:30 p.m., Strategies for Finding and Winning Nationally Competitive Fellowships and Scholarships (D)
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/2/2015 4:00 p.m., Relax and Chill Out (B)
- LGBTQ Programming - 4/2/2015 5:00 p.m., Becoming an Active LGBTQ Ally
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/2/2015 5:15 p.m., Yoga for Student Living
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/2/2015 5:30 p.m., Leading Self: Beyond the Looking Glass - Exploring our Hidden Identities
- Smoking Cessation - 4/3/2015 11:00 a.m., Friday Quit Smoking Walk-in Clinic
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/6/2015 12:00 p.m., What Would You Do? Bystander Intervention Training (C)
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/6/2015 4:00 p.m., Juniors and Seniors: Gap Year Ideas for After Graduation
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/6/2015 5:00 p.m., Gentle Hatha Yoga
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/6/2015 5:15 p.m., Yoga for Student Living
- Career Fair - 4/7/15 11:00 a.m., Summer Jobs Fair
- Nutrition Programming - 4/7/2015 1:00 p.m., Snacking Tuesdays
- Transfer Tuesdays - 4/7/15 3:00 p.m., Transfer Tuesday Meet-Up
- The Career Mentor Experience - 4/7/15 3:30 p.m., The Career Mentor Experience Part 1: Finding a Mentor
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/7/2015 4:30 p.m., Universal Design Yoga
- International Tea Time - 4/7/15 5:00 p.m., International Tea Time
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/7/2015 7:30 p.m., Leading Self: Emotional Intelligence
Don't forget to check the UBevents Calendar for a full listing of events on campus.
Visit these pages to make the most out of your time at UB.