The Torch Leadership Certificate Program
Why Leadership Certification?
- Develop self as a confident and competent leader
- Connect and network with other future leaders
- Create a personalized leadership track with your Leadership Advisor
- Receive a certificate verifying your leadership training and experiences
- Stop by the Center for Student Leadership and Community Engagement (CSLCE), 235 Student Union to set up a meeting with a Leadership Advisor.
- Leadership Consultation
- Attend Leadership Training Camp OR
- Attend 4 Life & Learning Workshops (under Leadership or Diversity categories) (register online )
- Education – Pick one of the following two options.
- Complete the UBE 102 (spring only), UBE 110, or UBE 496 (LCE sections only)
- OR Complete TWO of the following programs:
- Real Experience and Leadership Mentoring (REALM)
- 2 activities during Leadership Week (Fall semester only)
- 2 activities during Women Empowered to Lead (WE LEAD) program (Spring semester only)
- Diversity Institute – Register through the Intercultural and Diversity Center
- Western New York Student Leadership Conference (Spring semester only)
- SLiCE (Participate in all 3 programs)
- Complete 20 hours of combined service on or off-campus (track your hours through My Involvement on UBLinked )
- OR Demonstrate active membership in a club/organization (i.e. attending meetings, assisting with events, etc.).
- Documentation & Wrap-Up
- Write a 2-3 Leadership Philosophy Statement that reflects on your training, education and development: PDF (46KB)
- Create an Activity Transcript documenting your involvement and participation and bring an official copy to your final LCP Meeting.
- Once all requirements are completed, set up a meeting with a Leadership Advisor to discuss your experience and review your final Portfolio (including your Philosophy Statement and Activity Transcript).