Pillars of Leadership
The annual Pillars of Leadership Awards ceremony is designed to bring together all students who have been previously recognized or honored across campus, for their leadership, service, and commitment to making a difference on campus or in the local community. These students are recognized again at this ceremony for being a "Pillar of Leadership" in the UB community. Please see below for a full list of last year's recipients.
Each year at Pillars, the Center for Student Leadership & Community Engagement presents an award to four unknowing students and two student organizations who have been nominated based on the award criteria below. The awards presented are the Emerging Leader Award, the Exemplary Leader Award, the Dorothy Haas Community Engagement Award, the Organization Impact Award for On Campus and the Organization Impact Award for Off Campus.
Faculty, staff, or students may nominate those students who they believe are deserving of this honor and students may be nominated more than once. Students may also self nominate. Nomination information will be available November 2014, and are the sole basis for award selection, so they should be thoroughly written.
All nominees will be invited to attend the Pillars of Leadership Ceremony in May 2015.
2014-2015 Pillars Ceremony
2014 Award Winners
- Alumnae Scholarship - Hui Kee Lee and Jessica Utzig
- Arthur O. Eve Award - Amy Watson
- Blue & White Scholarship Elisabeth Bierdeman, Hector W. Coco, and Thomas Parsons, Jr.
- UB Ideal Bull Award - Ryan Goodell and Alyssa Porter
- Civility/Ally Award - Alexandra Mahabir
- Clifford Furnas Distinguished Athlete Award - Brittany Kuras
- Campus Impact Award - Benjamin Shaw and True Blue
- Commitment to Community Growth - Nicholas Smith
- Community Impact Award - Brian Jean Louis and Lambda Kappa Sigma, Alpha Theta Chapter
- Dorothy Haas Community Engagement Award - Kelsey Barbour and Fahim Joarder
- Dougherty-Witten Award - Perla Santos
- Emerging Leader Award - Victoria Robbins
- Exemplary Leadership Award - Kristen Janson
- Fraternity & Sorority Life Outstanding Service Award (Male) - Shawn Kobetz and Matthew West
- Fraternity & Sorority Life Outstanding Service Award (Female) - Elizabeth Lenchner
- J Scott Fleming Award - Kwasi Audsei, Tyler Bauer, David Harary, and Hui Kee Lee
- Nancy Welch Award - Kyle Hazard, Claudia Aghaie and Kathleen da Silva
- Percy Sutton Award - Janelle Allen, Penpa Bhuti, and Yufeng He
- Resident Advisor/Academic Advisor/Community Assistant of the Year Award - Erica Buckhanan
- Returner of the Year - Allison Brooks
- RHA Executive Board Member of the Year - William Santini
- RHA Senator of the Year - Daniel Giles
- Rookie of the Year - Damaris Melo
- SA Outstanding Staff Member of the Year - Erin Lachaal
- Spirit of UB Award - Mack Ward
- UB Pride & Service Award - Tyler Bauer and Denis J. Tuttle
- Vice President's Senior Leadership Award - Marc Pierre
- William R. Greiner Leadership Award - Fatima Elabass
- Willie R. Evans Legacy Scholarship - Angelina Bruno and Christ-Ange Katche