Accommodations are various modifications or adjustments that are made to provide people with disabilities equal opportunity to access information, programs, services.
Accessibility Resources (AR) coordinates reasonable accommodations so that individuals with disabilities can access and benefit from all programs, services, and activities of the university. While every person with a disability is unique, the list below provides information on accommodations routinely available at UB. Please contact AR to discuss your specific needs when you request accommodation.
For a quick intro, please see our Common Accommodations Presentation (Powerpoint (1019KB)).
- Note Taking Support
- Interpreting and CART Services
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Other Classroom Accommodations: please Contact AR
Direct Accommodations from AR
- Accessible Textbooks and Print Materials
- Read & Write Gold Literacy Software
- Assistive Technology Assessment and Training
- Equipment Loans
- Voter Registration for Students
Other Accommodations at UB
- Snow Removal Policy
- Accessible On-Campus Housing
- Accessible Parking and Transportation
- Campus Dining & Shops (food allergies, intolerances, Celiac Disease and/or other dietary needs)
For other accommodations related to a food allergy or sensitivity, call Accessibility Resources, 645-2608.
Nutrition assessment and counseling for food allergies and other dietary concerns is available with Janice Cochran, MS, RD at Wellness Education Services.
- Workforce Recruitment Program
Consultation and Referrals
- Referrals to On and Off Campus Services
- Individual Consultation for Student
- Media Accessibility Consultation
Services which do not appear on the list above may be discussed when you request accommodation for your disability. However, AR does not provide the following services:
- Medical or psychological assessment and diagnosis
- Personal Care Assistants
- Aids or equipment for personal study
- Fundamental alteration of the nature or purpose of programs, services, and activities
- Reduction of academic standards
- Waiver of program essentials
- Services that would pose a direct threat to the health or safety to self or others