Service Advisories: Campus Transportation, Parking, & Traffic
Changes/additions to campus transportation services and traffic notices are posted here as needed for campus community and visitors. For the most up to date information, be sure to turn your radio to UB-Alert 1620 AM
Traffic & Parking
- North Campus Traffic and Parking Notice for David Blaine, Sat. 4/26
The following parking restrictions will apply, please plan accordingly:
- Beginning at 3 pm, the following North Campus parking lots will be closed and reserved for Accessibility and VIP Parking Only: Slee B Lot, Baird B Lot, Arena & Lake La Salle Lot.
- At 8:15 pm the lots will reopen for use by the entire University community.
- Additional event parking will be available all around Alumni Arena in the Baird A, Slee A, Special Event, and Stadium lots, accessible off of Augspurger Road and Webster Road.
- If you are not attending the event but will be visiting the North Campus, please be advised that an abundance of parking is available on the North side of the Spine inclusive of the Jarvis, Furnas, Ketter, and Governors lots. The north-side lots are easily accessible if you enter campus via the Rensch or Hamilton Entrances.
Transportation services will experience minimal impact, however, the UB Stampede may be subjected to slight traffic-related delays during the 7 pm to 8 pm hour.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience. Tune into 1620 AM on your radio for up to date parking and transportation information within a 4 mile radius of the North campus. Questions may be directed to email@example.com or 645-3943.
These arrangements conform to the Special Events Parking Plan, approved by the Offices of the President, Provost, Vice Presidents, and the campus negotiating units.
- South Campus Bus Stop Closure on Sat. 4/26
- To ensure the safety of participants in the UB Run for Smiles 5K on Sat. 4/26, the UB Stampede will bypass the Goodyear stop and use the top of the University Station as a pickup site between the hours of 10 - 11 am.
About UB-Alert 1620 AM: UB'S Campus Advisory & Paking Radio Station
Where's the best place to park at UB? What entrance should you use during football games? Detoured by construction? Get around campus faster and easier by tuning to UB-Alert 1620 AM. UB now operates its own low-power advisory radio station, similar to the one used by the New York State Thruway Authority. UB-Alert 1620 broadcasts up to the minute messages regarding campus parking, transportation, special events and emergency situations, 24 hours a day. Messages can be heard in a five-mile radius of both campuses.
Any campus unit or department may request to broadcast a message by completing an on-line request form.
All messages must meet FCC guidelines and will be broadcast at the discretion of the Campus Advisory & Parking Team. Requests for alerts must be made at least two weeks in advance, except in the case of an emergency.