Service Advisories: Campus Transportation, Parking, & Traffic
Changes/additions to campus transportation services and traffic notices are posted here as needed for campus community and visitors. For the most up to date information, be sure to turn your radio to UB-Alert 1620 AM
During severe weather or campus emergencies, please consult emergency.buffalo.edu for the status of campus services.
Traffic & Parking
- North Campus Traffic and Parking Notice for UB Bulls Game Day, Thurs. 10/27
On Thursday, October 27th at 7:30 p.m., the UB Bulls Football team will play Akron at UB Stadium. The following parking restrictions will apply, please plan accordingly:
- Stadium parking lot, along with parking on the west side of Coventry Road, will not be accessible on Thursday, to facilitate set-up of Stampede Square for the concert series.
- Beginning at 3 p.m. on October 27th the Lake La Salle, Alumni A, B & C, and Arena lots, and parking along the east side of Coventry Road will be reserved for game day parking.
- Handicap parking will be augmented for the event by reserving space in the Slee A lot for Handicap Parking Permit Holders, starting at 1:00 p.m. Paratransit service from Slee A to the Stadium will be available before and after the game.
- If you are not attending the game but are visiting the North Campus, please be advised that an abundance of parking is available on the North side of the Spine inclusive of the Jarvis, Furnas, Ketter, and Governors lots. The north-side lots are easily accessible if you enter campus via Rensch or Hamilton Roads. Also, The Green Line will be extended, operating through 10:30 p.m. to help students looking to get to class by providing a convenient Park and Ride alternative.
- Beginning 3 hours before game time - Webster Road is closed to all northbound traffic entering from Coventry and Augspurger, and southbound traffic is restricted to special permit holders past St Rita's Lane.
We appreciate your game day cooperation and patience. Tune into 1620 AM on your radio for up to date parking and transportation information within a 4 mile radius of the North campus. Questions may be directed to email@example.com or 645-3943. Go Bulls!
- North Campus Traffic and Parking Notice for DSS Speaker Randi Zuckerberg, Wed. 10/26
- Beginning at 3 pm, the following North Campus parking lots will be closed and reserved for Event Parking: Baird B, Slee B, Lake La Salle, & Arena Lot.
- Additional event parking will be available in lots surrounding Alumni Arena, inclusive of Baird A, Slee A, Special Event, and Stadium lots, accessible off of Augspurger Road and Webster Road.
- Event Handicap parking can be found in the Baird B and Slee B parking lots, accessible off of Coventry Road. A Handicap/Accessible Parking Permit must be shown to the attendant for entry.
- If you are attending evening classes or otherwise visiting the North Campus, please be advised of additional parking and less traffic on the North side of the North Campus inclusive of the Jarvis, Furnas, Ketter, and Governors lots. The north-side lots are most accessible if you enter campus via the Rensch or Hamilton Entrances.
Transportation services will experience minimal impact, however, the UB Stampede may be subjected to slight traffic-related delays during the 7:15 pm to 8:15 pm hour.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience. Tune into 1620 AM on your radio for up to date parking and transportation information within a 4 mile radius of the North campus. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 645-3943. Tickets for this event are available through TicketMaster. Visit http://www.buffalo.edu/ub-speakers.html for additional information.
- Service advisory for UB Bulls Game Day, Thurs. 10/27
On Thurs. 10/27 at 7:30 p.m., the UB Bulls Football team will play Akron at UB Stadium. Please plan accordingly:
- The North Campus Shuttle will not be able to service South Lake Village during peak traffic periods, 6 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Residents may access the Shuttle at the Student Union or Lee Loop.
- The UB Stampede may experience delays in servicing all campus bus stops during peak traffic periods.
- The Green Line will be extended, operating through 10:30 p.m. to help students looking to get to class by providing a convenient Park and Ride alternative.
- Motorists are encouraged to enter the campus at Flint Road, to help ease traffic flow and facilitate filling the parking lots.
- Maynard Road bus stop service will continue through 2016-17 academic year
After consultation and correspondence with UB students, we have reevaluated the decision to close the Maynard Road stop along Grover Cleveland Highway this calendar year. UB Stampede service to this location will continue until the end of the 2016-2017 academic year, at which time the Maynard Road stop will be evaluated again as part of our overall transportation plan.
We will continue to provide students with updates on the status of the Maynard Road bus stop. Visit the Parking & Transportation Services website for scheduling information, and feel free to call 716-645-3943 or email email@example.com any questions regarding this announcement.
About UB-Alert 1620 AM: UB'S Campus Advisory & Parking Radio Station
Where's the best place to park at UB? What entrance should you use during football games? Detoured by construction? Get around campus faster and easier by tuning to UB-Alert 1620 AM. UB now operates its own low-power advisory radio station, similar to the one used by the New York State Thruway Authority. UB-Alert 1620 broadcasts up to the minute messages regarding campus parking, transportation, special events and emergency situations, 24 hours a day. Messages can be heard in a five-mile radius of both campuses.
All messages must meet FCC guidelines and will be broadcast at the discretion of the Campus Advisory & Parking Team. Requests for alerts must be made at least two weeks in advance, except in the case of an emergency.