Service Advisories: Campus Transportation, Parking, & Traffic
Changes/additions to campus transportation services and traffic notices are posted here as needed for campus community and visitors. For the most up to date information, be sure to turn your radio to UB-Alert 1620 AM
During severe weather or campus emergencies, please consult emergency.buffalo.edu for the status of campus services.
Traffic & Parking
- North Campus Traffic & Parking Notice for Opening Weekend, 8/27 - 8/29
During the following dates we will have staff assisting with monitoring the unloading only parking rows for Move-In of incoming students. The front rows along the grass (closest to the buildings) are the rows blocked for parents and students to unload their items and then move their vehicle to another space in the lot. Folks are free to park and leave their car anywhere else in the lots, just not in the unloading areas. For dates, times, and lots staffed please see below:
- Aug. 27, 7:45 am - 4 pm: Front rows of Spaulding Lot, Richmond A Lot, and Richmond B Lot
- Aug. 28, 7:45 am - 2 pm: 3 rows on the east side of Fargo Lot closest to Greiner Hall
- Aug. 29, 7:45 am - 4 pm: 3 rows on the east side of Fargo Lot closest to Greiner Hall, front row of Red Jacket Lot, and front row of Richmond B Lot
- The Ellicott Tunnel will be closed Thursday, August 27 from 7 am - 5 pm to allow for safe move in for residents living in the Ellicott Complex. A temporary bus stop will be located at Greiner Hall.
- Goodyear Road will be closed Thursday, August 27 from 7 am - 7 pm to allow safe move in to Goodyear and Clement Halls. A temporary bus stop will be located at the intersection of Goodyear Road and Hayes Road.
- The Lee Road Extension from the traffic circle to Hamilton Road will be closed on Friday, August 28 from 7 am - 5 pm to allow for safe move in of Griener Hall. Shuttles will be picking up residents at the normal Ellicott tunnel location.
- Goodyear Road will be closed Friday, August 28 from 7 am to 5 pm to allow safe move in to Goodyear and Clement Halls. A temporary bus stop will be located at the intersection of Goodyear Road and Hayes Road.
- The Lee Road Extension from the traffic circle to Hamilton Road will be closed on Saturday, August 29 from 7 am - 5 pm to allow for safe move in of Griener Hall. Shuttles will be picking up residents at the normal Ellicott tunnel location.
View a map of the affected areas or call 645-3943 with questions.
- Intersession schedule changes begin 8/26
- The Summer Stampede schedule is in effect through Wednesday, August 26.
- On Thursday, August 27 and Friday, August 28, buses will depart every 10 minutes during peak periods (7 am - 7 pm), every 15 to 30 minutes thereafter (7 pm - 2 am).
- 24/7 Stampede service will commence on Friday, August 28.
- The Summer Shuttle schedules will be in effect through Friday, August 28.
- Extra service will be provided in support of Opening Weekend events and activities, Thursday through Sunday.
- The regular Fall Stampede and Shuttle schedules will take effect on Saturday, August 29.
- North Campus Transportation Notice for Labor Day, 9/7
- In observance of the Labor Day Holiday on Monday, September 7, 2015, Stampede buses will follow the Fall Weekend schedule.
- The Green and Blue Lines will not operate.
- The North Campus Shuttle Weekend schedule will be followed.
- There will be no 24/7 busing on Labor Day.
About UB-Alert 1620 AM: UB'S Campus Advisory & Parking Radio Station
Where's the best place to park at UB? What entrance should you use during football games? Detoured by construction? Get around campus faster and easier by tuning to UB-Alert 1620 AM. UB now operates its own low-power advisory radio station, similar to the one used by the New York State Thruway Authority. UB-Alert 1620 broadcasts up to the minute messages regarding campus parking, transportation, special events and emergency situations, 24 hours a day. Messages can be heard in a five-mile radius of both campuses.
All messages must meet FCC guidelines and will be broadcast at the discretion of the Campus Advisory & Parking Team. Requests for alerts must be made at least two weeks in advance, except in the case of an emergency.