Service Advisories: Campus Transportation, Parking, & Traffic
Changes/additions to campus transportation services and traffic notices are posted here as needed for campus community and visitors. For the most up to date information, be sure to turn your radio to UB-Alert 1620 AM
During severe weather or campus emergencies, please consult emergency.buffalo.edu for the status of campus services.
Traffic & Parking
- North Campus Traffic and Parking Notice for DSS Speaker John Cleese, Fri. 12/9
- Beginning at 3 pm, the following North Campus parking lots will be closed and reserved for Event Parking: Baird B, Slee B, Lake La Salle, & Arena Lot.
- Additional event parking will be available in lots surrounding Center for the Arts/Alumni Arena, inclusive of Baird A, Slee A, Special Event, and Stadium lots, accessible off of Augspurger Road and Webster Road.
- Event Handicap parking can be found in the Baird B and Slee B parking lots, accessible off of Coventry Road. A Handicap/Accessible Parking Permit must be shown to the attendant for entry.
- If you are attending evening classes or otherwise visiting the North Campus, please be advised of additional parking and less traffic on the North side of the North Campus inclusive of the Jarvis, Furnas, Ketter, and Governors lots. The north-side lots are most accessible if you enter campus via the Rensch or Hamilton Entrances.
Transportation services will experience minimal impact, however, the UB Stampede may be subjected to slight traffic-related delays during the 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm hour.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience. Tune into 1620 AM on your radio for up to date parking and transportation information within a 4 mile radius of the North campus. Questions may be directed to email@example.com or 645-3943. Tickets for this event are available through Tickets.com. Visit http://www.buffalo.edu/ub-speakers.html for additional information.
- Fall Exam and Winter Intersession Transportation Changes 12/12-1/1
- The Exam Schedule begins Monday, December 12 and is in effect weekdays through Monday, December 19.
- The Fall 2016 Saturday Schedule will be followed on December 17 with the addition of 1 Red Line bus and 3 Yellow Line buses. The Fall 2016 Sunday Schedule will be followed on Sunday, December 18.
- The 24/7 Extension buses will operate through Monday, December 19.
- The Regular 3M service will be followed through Saturday, Dec. 17. A revised 3M service will operate during semester break.
- Winter Intersession schedule commences on December 20. There will be NO Stampede service on Christmas Day or New Year's Day. On December 26 and January 2, a Stampede Weekend Winter Intersession schedule will be followed.
- The North Campus Shuttle will follow its regular semester schedule through Monday, December 19.
- The Blue Line will continue its regular schedule through the Winter Intersession.
- The Green Line will operate through December 19. There will be NO Green Line service during Winter Intersession.
- The North Campus Shuttle Winter Schedule will take effect on Tuesday, December 20.
- There will be NO Weekend North Campus Shuttle service on December 25 and January 1.
- The Apartment Mall/Market shuttle will operate on a revised schedule during the semester break.
- Weekend North Campus Shuttle service on Christmas Eve (December 24) and New Year's Eve (December 31) will be shortened. The service will end at 9:15 pm.
View all Exam and Winter Intersession schedules on the full P&T Schedules page.
- Maynard Road bus stop service will continue through 2016-17 academic year
After consultation and correspondence with UB students, we have reevaluated the decision to close the Maynard Road stop along Grover Cleveland Highway this calendar year. UB Stampede service to this location will continue until the end of the 2016-2017 academic year, at which time the Maynard Road stop will be evaluated again as part of our overall transportation plan.
We will continue to provide students with updates on the status of the Maynard Road bus stop. Visit the Parking & Transportation Services website for scheduling information, and feel free to call 716-645-3943 or email firstname.lastname@example.org any questions regarding this announcement.
About UB-Alert 1620 AM: UB'S Campus Advisory & Parking Radio Station
Where's the best place to park at UB? What entrance should you use during football games? Detoured by construction? Get around campus faster and easier by tuning to UB-Alert 1620 AM. UB now operates its own low-power advisory radio station, similar to the one used by the New York State Thruway Authority. UB-Alert 1620 broadcasts up to the minute messages regarding campus parking, transportation, special events and emergency situations, 24 hours a day. Messages can be heard in a five-mile radius of both campuses.
All messages must meet FCC guidelines and will be broadcast at the discretion of the Campus Advisory & Parking Team. Requests for alerts must be made at least two weeks in advance, except in the case of an emergency.