Service Advisories: Campus Transportation, Parking, & Traffic
Changes/additions to campus transportation services and traffic notices are posted here as needed for campus community and visitors. For the most up to date information, be sure to turn your radio to UB-Alert 1620 AM
Traffic & Parking
- North Campus Traffic and Parking Notice for UB Football, Tues. 11/11
On Tuesday, November 11 at 8 pm, the UB Bulls Football team will play Akron at UB Stadium. The following traffic & parking restrictions will apply, please plan accordingly:
- Please be advised, beginning 3 ½ hours before game time Webster Road is closed to all northbound traffic entering from Coventry and Augspurger, and southbound traffic is restricted to special permit holders past St Rita's Lane.
- The North Campus Shuttle will be able to service South Lake Village, though there may be delays during peak traffic periods, from 2:30 pm - 9:30 pm.
- The North Campus Shuttle will not be able to service Flint Village. Residents may access the Shuttle at Capen-Founders Plaza during peak traffic periods.
- The UB Stampede may experience delays in servicing all campus bus stops during peak traffic periods.
- To support the Tailgate Concert Series & Event Operations the Stadium Lot and half of the Arena Lot will be closed for the day.
- Beginning at 3 pm the Lake La Salle, Alumni A, B & C Lots, and the balance of the Arena lot will be reserved for game day parking.
- General Game day parking is available in parking lots along Augspurger Road (Slee, Baird, Special Event, Jacobs, Hochstetter, Cooke), and in lots on the North side of North Campus.
- Handicap parking is reserved and available in the Slee A Lot for Handicap Parking Permit Holders.
- For reference, view this online map of north campus .
- If you are not attending the game but are visiting the North Campus, please be advised that an abundance of parking is available on the North side of North Campus inclusive of the Jarvis, Furnas, Ketter, and Governors lots. The north-side lots are easily accessible if you enter campus via Rensch or Hamilton Roads.
We appreciate your game day cooperation and patience. Tune into 1620 AM on your radio for up to date parking and transportation information within a 4 mile radius of the North campus. Questions may be directed to email@example.com or 645-3943. Go Bulls!
- Transportation Notice for Sat. 11/1
- Due to the fireworks display for the Diwali celebration on Saturday, November 1, the North Campus Shuttle will not be able to access Frontier Rd. between St. Rita's and the Audubon Parkway, which will subject the South Lake Village stops to some delays between the hours of 6 pm and 11 pm. All other stops will be serviced per the normal North Campus Shuttle Weekend schedule.
- Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this will cause.
About UB-Alert 1620 AM: UB'S Campus Advisory & Parking Radio Station
Where's the best place to park at UB? What entrance should you use during football games? Detoured by construction? Get around campus faster and easier by tuning to UB-Alert 1620 AM. UB now operates its own low-power advisory radio station, similar to the one used by the New York State Thruway Authority. UB-Alert 1620 broadcasts up to the minute messages regarding campus parking, transportation, special events and emergency situations, 24 hours a day. Messages can be heard in a five-mile radius of both campuses.
All messages must meet FCC guidelines and will be broadcast at the discretion of the Campus Advisory & Parking Team. Requests for alerts must be made at least two weeks in advance, except in the case of an emergency.