Service Advisories: Campus Transportation, Parking, & Traffic
Changes/additions to campus transportation services and traffic notices are posted here as needed for campus community and visitors. For the most up to date information, be sure to turn your radio to UB-Alert 1620 AM
During severe weather or campus emergencies, please consult emergency.buffalo.edu for the status of campus services.
Traffic & Parking
- North Campus Traffic and Parking Notice for DSS Speaker Robert Ballard, Wed. 4/1
On Wednesday, April 1, at 8 pm, Robert Ballard, Oceanographer, National Geographic Explorer-in-Residence and Discoverer of the Titanic, will be giving a lecture in UB's Alumni Arena as part of this year's Distinguished Speaker Series.
- Beginning at 3 pm, the following North Campus parking lots will be closed and reserved for Event Parking: Baird B, Slee B, Lake La Salle, & Arena Lot.
- Additional event parking will be available all around Alumni Arena in the Baird A, Slee A, Special Event, and Stadium lots, accessible off of Augspurger Road and Webster Road.
- Event Handicap parking can be found in the Baird B and Slee B parking lots, accessible off of Coventry Road.
- If you are not attending the event but are attending evening classes or otherwise visiting the North Campus, please be advised of additional parking on the North side of the North Campus inclusive of the Jarvis, Furnas, Ketter, and Governors lots. The north-side lots are easily accessible if you enter campus via the Rensch or Hamilton Entrances.
- At 8 pm all reserved parking lots will reopen for use by the entire University community.
Transportation services will experience minimal impact, however, the UB Stampede may be subjected to slight traffic-related delays during the 7:15 pm to 8:15 pm hour.
We appreciate your cooperation and patience. Tune into 1620 AM on your radio for up to date parking and transportation information within a 4 mile radius of the North campus. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 645-3943. Tickets for this event are available through TicketMaster. Ticket prices and discounts.
- None at this time.
About UB-Alert 1620 AM: UB'S Campus Advisory & Parking Radio Station
Where's the best place to park at UB? What entrance should you use during football games? Detoured by construction? Get around campus faster and easier by tuning to UB-Alert 1620 AM. UB now operates its own low-power advisory radio station, similar to the one used by the New York State Thruway Authority. UB-Alert 1620 broadcasts up to the minute messages regarding campus parking, transportation, special events and emergency situations, 24 hours a day. Messages can be heard in a five-mile radius of both campuses.
All messages must meet FCC guidelines and will be broadcast at the discretion of the Campus Advisory & Parking Team. Requests for alerts must be made at least two weeks in advance, except in the case of an emergency.