About Campus Transportations Services (Buses & Shuttles)
The following campus transportation services, which are free of charge to students, are supported by the transportation fee paid by each student. Many commuter students will park once in the morning and then use University transportation throughout the day.
- The UB Stampede - Ride the Stampede buses to get between campuses.
- Shuttles on North Campus - Move you where you need to go on the North Campus via the North Campus Shuttle or Green Line Shuttle.
- South/Downtown Campus Shuttles - The Blue Line connects the Downtown and South Campuses without the hassle of connecting from shuttle to shuttle.
- Mall/Market Shuttle - Need to shop? Take the Mall/Market Shuttle to WalMart, Tops, Wegmans, Target and the Mall.
- Disability Parking & Transportation Services - Information to assist with special on-campus travel needs
- View current schedules/timetables for all transportation services or continue reading below for more information.
UB Stampede Buses
The University provides connecting bus service between the North and South Campuses on UB Stampede buses which run approximately every 5 to 10 minutes Monday through Friday during the academic year; every 30 to 60 minutes on weekends and during the summer.
Stampede Bus Stop Locations
- North Campus: Service Center Road, Flint Loop, Governors, Lee Loop, Ellicott Complex
- South Campus: Goodyear Hall, Main Circle
- In-Between Campuses: Maynard Road and Grover Cleveland Highway (northbound and southbound)
- View PDF map of bus/shuttle stops: North Campus (8.6MB) | South Campus (1.6MB) (See map legend for shuttle/bus icons.)
Late Night Stampede Service
Three UB Stampede buses operate Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays on the UB Late Night route. The Late Night buses service Ellicott Tunnel, Lee Loop, Governors Hall, Maple Ridge Centre, Maynard Rd. (at Grover Cleveland Highway), Goodyear Hall and Main Circle. Pickups are made every 20 minutes at each of the above locations from 8 pm through 3:30 am, excluding holidays.
UB Stampede: Campus Identification Required to Ride
The University requires passengers to swipe their UB Card in to a card reader as they enter UB Stampede buses. This policy is designed to ensure campus transportation services are accessible and available for members of our campus community, while also providing a safe and secure environment. The below listed guidelines serve to outline how the access system will be enforced.
All passengers must swipe their card through the card reader at the front of the bus upon entry. The screen will change to Green if the card belongs to a current UB student, faculty, or staff member; and will change to Red if the card does not belong to a current member of the campus community. Those who display Green will proceed to the seat of their choice. Drivers will engage those who swipe a card that elicits a Red light, inquiring about their status and the nature of their visit to campus.
Drivers may use the following exception buttons to allow the person aboard:
- Missing/Lost card (card not presented, person genuinely appears to not be able to locate it on their person)
- Damaged card (card presented but mag-stripe obviously compromised)
The following lists occasions where drivers will be instructed to use discretion, or not require swiping:
- UB affiliate identification is presented
- Event special requests scheduled through Parking & Transportation
- Visitor, accompanied by a member of the campus community (only 2 guests allowed per student/faculty/staff member)
- Passenger presents a ticket or ticket stub for an event that day/evening
- Large campus events, as identified by Parking & Transportation Services
- At the direction of Parking & Transportation Services personnel.
Questions or concerns regarding this new initiative may be directed to Parking & Transportation Services at 645-7329.
North Campus Shuttle Services
- Express Service - On the North Campus, most classes are held in the centrally located academic Spine area. To travel between the Ellicott Complex and the Spine, students can either walk or take an express shuttle. During the Fall and Spring semesters, busses depart the Ellicott Tunnel for Lee Loop every 5-7 minutes.
- North Campus Shuttle: North Campus shuttle services are accessible to all students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Vehicles and persons utilizing guest, range, vendor, clinic, and special event parking permits are viewed as visitors to the campus and can park in areas where the permit is valid and make use of the shuttle services to facilitate reaching their destination. The University at Buffalo's North Campus Shuttle connects the entire North Campus stopping at 18 different key locations. The service also provides a valuable park and ride option from the Alumni and Stadium parking lots. The Stadium parking lot contains 225 parking spaces and spaces are most often available. You can expect a Shuttle every 10 minutes during the semester between 8 am to 7 pm. After 7 pm the shuttle will arrive between every 10 to 20 minutes.
- Green Line Shuttle: The Green Line operates Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 7:00pm with departures every 10 minutes. This service provides a valuable park and ride option from the Center for Tomorrow lot to Flint Loop in the heart of the campus. There are always spaces available in the Center for Tomorrow (CFT) parking lot. The CFT lot contains parking spaces for almost 400 vehicles. We strongly encourage use of this parking lot and the connecting Green Line shuttle service.
South/Downtown Campus Shuttles
- Blue Line Shuttle: The "UB BLUE LINE" is a route that connects the Downtown and South Campuses weekdays, without the hassle of connecting from shuttle to shuttle. This route is designed to more effectively connect the campuses by increasing headways, and eliminating unproductive stops. Two shuttles will operate daily on the UB BLUE LINE, with the first shuttle departing the Main Bailey lot at 6:30 am each weekday, and the final shuttle dropping off at Main Circle at 8:35 pm. Between 7:30am-10:30am and 3:30-6:30pm you can expect a shuttle every 30 minutes.
Mall/Market Shuttle Service
Let us take you shopping! The Mall/Market bus and shuttle runs Saturdays during the fall and spring semester when classes are in session. Shuttles will provide transportation to Target, WalMart, Wegmans, Tops (on Maple Rd) and the Boulevard Mall from both North and South Campuses.
- North Campus: Ellicott, Governors, Apartments, Target, Tops on Maple Rd., Boulevard Mall, Wegmans, and Walmart
- South Campus: Clement, Goodyear, Target, Boulevard Mall, Wegmans, Tops on Maple Rd, and Walmart
Public Transportation Services
- NFTA Metro Services routes and schedule information
- NFTA Trip Planner: Plan your next metro bus or rail trip (includes airport, bus and train terminals)
- NFTA Metro Bus Stops On-Campus
- North Campus: Augspurger Rd. (front of Jacobs B), Augspurger Rd. (front of Campus Mail), Corner of Service Center Rd. and Flint Rd. (across from Center for Tomorrow), and Flint Loop.
- South Campus: Rapid Transit Station, Bailey Ave./Michael Rd. intersection, Bailey Ave./Sherman Road
- NFTA Metro bus stops are designated by a single-tone square, on the campus maps