Student Wellness Team Events
(Counseling Services, Health Services, & Wellness Education Services)
What the Health Calendar
The Student Wellness Team provides programs to make you feel great and perform better in college. For more info, view this monthly highlights calendar or the full semester list below.
Sexual Assault Awareness Events - April
Every April UB recognizes Sexual Assault Awareness Month as a time to raise public awareness about sexual violence and to educate and inspire our community to prevent it, and provide support for members of our community who have experienced it.
Sexual Violence is a major public health, human rights, and social justice issue. We need everyone's help to end it. Thank you for getting involved and supporting our efforts toward a safer campus and a brighter future.
Life & Learning Workshops
Wellness Education Services offers a variety of ongoing and one-time Life & Learning workshops, for all students, on both campuses. To view the schedule, workshop descriptions and register for the following, please visit: www.workshops.buffalo.edu .
The following workshops do not require pre-registration:
- Yoga for Student Living: View Schedule and Description
- Gentle Hatha Yoga: View Schedule and Description
These yoga classes are first come, first serve. No registration is required. Arrive early to get a space in the class. Later in the semester more space may become available due to absences. Dress comfortably. All yoga supplies are provided.
- Violence Prevention Programming (Sexual Assault Awareness Month) - 4/26/2015 12:00 p.m., Walk a Mile in Her Shoes
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/27/2015 5:15 p.m., Yoga for Student Living
- Nutrition Programming - 4/28/2015 1:00 p.m., Snacking Tuesdays
- International Tea Time - 4/28/15 5:00 p.m., International Tea Time
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month Film - 4/29/15 12:00 p.m., The Hunting Ground - Film Screening & Discussion
- LGBTQ Programming - 4/29/2015 5:00 p.m., Queer Women's Group
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/29/2015 6:00 p.m., Adjusting to Life After Graduation
- LGBTQ Programming - 4/29/2015 6:30 p.m., LGBTQ Students of Color Group
- Smoking Cessation - 4/30/2015 11:00 a.m., Thursday Quit Smoking Walk-in Clinic
- Life & Learning Workshops - 4/30/2015 5:15 p.m., Yoga for Student Living
Expand/collapse event listing
- Smoking Cessation - 5/1/2015 11:00 a.m., Friday Quit Smoking Walk-in Clinic
- Violence Prevention Programming - 5/1/2015 6:00 p.m., Alliance Social Night
- Life & Learning Workshops - 5/4/2015 5:15 p.m., Yoga for Student Living
- Nutrition Programming - 5/5/2015 1:00 p.m., Snacking Tuesdays
- International Tea Time - 5/5/15 5:00 p.m., International Tea Time
- Smoking Cessation - 5/7/2015 11:00 a.m., Thursday Quit Smoking Walk-in Clinic
- Life & Learning Workshops - 5/7/15 1:00 p.m., Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR) - Suicide Prevention Training
- Life & Learning Workshops - 5/7/2015 5:15 p.m., Yoga for Student Living
- Smoking Cessation - 5/8/2015 11:00 a.m., Friday Quit Smoking Walk-in Clinic
- International Tea Time - 5/12/15 5:00 p.m., International Tea Time