Conference Operations and Services Overview
The University at Buffalo's Special Events can provide you with a "Single Point of Contact" for all of your conference and event needs. A simple phone call begins the process that guarantees prompt, courteous, and consistent management and registration services.
Our professional, service oriented team has extensive experience with both on-campus and off-campus conferences and events. A complete listing of off-campus venues is available on the Buffalo Convention and Visitors Bureau website.
Our Customer Service Philosophy emphasizes that whether you are holding a small workshop, a multiple-day program, or an international symposium, Conference Operations & Services staff will provide essential planning and support services to help you accomplish your program goals and conduct a successful meeting. Our Management and Registration Services are efficient and flexible and are designed to provide value to the program. You will receive:
- A prompt initial planning session with a complete presentation of Special Events services and pricing guidelines.
- Thorough assessment of all conference expenditures utilizing the Special Events comprehensive budget planning system.
- Participation in the Conferences and Special Events vendor bidding process for all outside contractual services. We will coordinate your service requests and apply our volume discounts, guaranteeing the best services in the most cost-effective manner.
- Choice in the selection and levels of services offered by the meeting professionals in Special Events.
- Receipt of our discussion regarding your conference in writing. Our exclusive "Letter of Agreement" is a detail-oriented document that will facilitate your role as a meeting planner, and allow us to plan ahead for any additional requirements.
Our "Letter of Agreement" puts in writing the comprehensive overview of your conference and provides the building blocks for a successful conference planning effort.
For additional information on Special Event's Management and Registration Services both on-campus and off-campus please call 645-3705 ext.224 or e-mail us at the Special Events.
Conference Information Form
This form will provide the conference operations' staff with the basic information we'll require to initiate a first planning session of your conference.