Tickets for Distinguished Speakers Series
How to order Individual Lecture Tickets:
- Online through TicketMaster: Individual Lecture Tickets
- Downloadable order form (41KB): please print/complete the form and return with payment to the Alumni Arena Ticket Office by mail/fax or in person (M-F, 9am-5pm)
- Visit the Alumni Arena Ticket Office
|Seating Options||Series Subscription
(no longer available)
|Tier 1 (Floor)||$214||$34||$34||$48.50||$44||$34||$44|
|Tier 2 (100-level)||$187||$28||$28||$48.50||$38||$28||$38|
|Tier 3 (200-level)||$160||$24||$24||$42.50||$32||$24||$32|
|General Admission (300-level/and possibly bleachers)||N.A.||$16||$16||$38.50||$22||$16||$22|
Tickets for UB Students
UB undergrads and GSA-represented graduate students are eligible for free tickets (one per student) to all speaker events, while supplies last, as a benefit of SA and GSA sponsorships of the Speakers Series. Graduate students in the following schools/programs are not represented by the Graduate Student Association (GSA): Law, Dental, Medical, MBA and Pharmacy P1-4. Students in the following programs are also not represented by SA/GSA: Intensive English Program and the Gifted Math Program. As each event approaches, information will be posted here about when, where and how, qualifying students may pick up a free ticket.
Magic Johnson tickets - UB SA undergrads and GSA-represented graduate students are eligible for one free ticket while supplies last. UB ID required. Ticket distribution sessions will take place as follows:
- Mon., Jan. 26, 11am - 2pm* Student Union Lobby
- Tues., Jan. 27, 11am - 2pm* Student Union Lobby
Contributing Series Sponsors, United University Professions (UUP); TIAA-CREF; the UB Alumni Association; and the UB Office of Donor Relations, are offering discount vouchers that provide significant cost savings on ticket purchases. Discount vouchers are recognized only at the Alumni Arena Ticket Office (not through TicketMaster):
- UB United University Professions Chapters (UUP) Members:
- Lecture Discount Voucher: PDF (298KB)
- TIAA-CREF (for all UB faculty, staff and emeriti):
- Register for Lecture Discount Voucher
- UB Alumni Association Dues-Paying Members: please call 1-800-284-5382 / 645-3312, or e-mail: email@example.com, or visit online .
- University Circle Members: please contact Jen Silverman at 881-7482 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational Outreach Program: Free Distinguished Speakers Series Tickets for Local Schools and Community Organizations
The University at Buffalo is committed to enriching the lives of our local communities through our lecture programs. That's why UB often offers free Distinguished Speakers Series tickets to local high schools and community groups. The Educational Outreach Program is sponsored by:
Affiliate Series Sponsor Hodgson Russ LLP
The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
The Buffalo News
The Program is able to make free tickets available for the following lectures:
- Cheryl Strayed: High Schools
- Wes Moore: High Schools
- Magic Johnson: High Schools, Religious, Not-for-Profit Community Service Organizations
- Robert Ballard: High Schools
- Steve Wozniak: High Schools
Registration for free tickets will be made available on a lecture to lecture basis. Get the latest information.
Learn how UB is making a local impact .
If you are purchasing 10 or more tickets for a particular event, you are eligible for a group discount. To qualify, please use our downloadable group order form (PDF) which reflects group discount pricing.
Please contact the Office of Special Events at 645-6148 to augment your Book Club's Group Order.
Returns & Exchanges
The Special Events office has a no-refund-or-exchange policy for tickets purchased for any Distinguished Speakers lecture. However, refunds or exchanges will be honored in the event of a lecture cancellation.
All speaker honoraria and production expenses for the series are covered by the following: ticket sales; support provided voluntarily by student governments using their student activity fees to purchase large blocks of tickets for each of the lectures for free distribution to students; sponsorships directed to the series by our university and community partners; and the Donald L. Davis Lectureship Fund, an endowment created exclusively to support the series. No state funds, research foundation funds, tuition dollars, or general gifts to the university or UB Foundation are used to support the program.