Tickets for Distinguished Speakers Series
Lecture tickets may be purchased:
- By downloadable order form (43KB): Please print/complete the form and return with payment to the Alumni Arena Ticket Office by mail/fax or in person (M-F, 9am-5pm)
- Online through TicketMaster
|Seating Options||Series Subscription||Cox
|Tier 1 (Floor)||$248||$44||$34||$60||$34||$44||$60|
|Tier 2 (100-level)||$216||$36||$28||$56||$28||$36||$56|
|Tier 3 (200-level)||$183||$30||$24||$48||$24||$30||$48|
|General Admission (300-level/and possibly bleachers)||$122||$20||$16||$32||$16||$20||$32|
Tickets for UB Students
UB undergrads and GSA-represented graduate students are eligible for free tickets (one per student) to all speaker events, while supplies last, as a benefit of SA and GSA sponsorships of the Speakers Series. Graduate students in the following schools/programs are not represented by the Graduate Student Association (GSA): Law, Dental, Medical, MBA and Pharmacy P1-4. Students in the following programs are also not represented by SA/GSA: Intensive English Program and the Gifted Math Program.
Information on how, when and where eligible UB students may access a free ticket will be posted here prior to each lecture as it is coming up.
- Ogletree - Beginning January 26 and while supplies last, SA-represented UB Undergrads may pick up a free ticket from the SA Office (350 Student Union); GSA-represented UB graduate students may pick up a free ticket at the SBI Ticket Office (221 Student Union) or 350 Harriman Hall. UB ID required.
- Mukherjee - Beginning March 7 and while supplies last, SA-represented UB Undergrads may pick up a free ticket from the SA Office (350 Student Union); GSA-represented UB graduate students may pick up a free ticket at the SBI Ticket Office (221 Student Union) or 350 Harriman Hall. UB ID required.
- Kevin Spacey - The limited supply of free Spacey tickets for SA & GSA-represented UB students, will be distributed during the following schedule. UB ID required.
Date Time Place Mon., Apr. 11 5 - 8pm* 1st Floor, Alumni Arena Tues., Apr. 12 9am - 12pm* 1st Floor, Alumni Arena
Contributing Series Sponsors, United University Professions (UUP); TIAA-CREF; the UB Alumni Association; and the UB Office of Donor Relations, are offering discount vouchers that provide significant cost savings on series subscription and individual lecture ticket purchases. Discount vouchers are recognized only at the Alumni Arena Ticket Office (not applicable to purchases made thru TicketMaster):
- UB United University Professions Chapters (UUP) Members:
- Lecture Discount Voucher: PDF (750KB)
- UB Alumni Association Members: please call 1-800-284-5382 / 645-3312, or e-mail: email@example.com
- University Circle Members: please contact Jen Silverman at 881-7482 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational Outreach Program: Free Distinguished Speakers Series Tickets for Local Schools and Community Organizations
The University at Buffalo is committed to enriching the lives of our local communities through our lecture programs. That's why UB often offers free Distinguished Speakers Series tickets to local high schools and community groups. The Educational Outreach Program is sponsored by:
Affiliate Series Sponsor Hodgson Russ LLP
The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
The Buffalo News
The Program is able to make free tickets available for the following lectures:
- Laverne Cox: High Schools
- Liz Murray: High Schools
- Ogletree: High Schools, Religious, Not-for-Profit Community Service Organizations
- Mukherjee: High Schools
Registration for free tickets will be made available on a lecture to lecture basis. Get the latest information.
Learn how UB is making a local impact .
If you are purchasing 10 or more tickets for a particular event, you are eligible for a group discount. To obtain a group order form reflecting group discount pricing, please contact UB Special Events at 716-645-6147.
Please contact the Office of Special Events at 645-6148 to augment your Book Club's Group Order.
Returns & Exchanges
The Special Events office has a no-refund-or-exchange policy for tickets purchased for any Distinguished Speakers lecture. However, refunds or exchanges will be honored in the event of a lecture cancellation.
All speaker honoraria and production expenses for the series are covered by the following: ticket sales; support provided voluntarily by student governments using their student activity fees to purchase large blocks of tickets for each of the lectures for free distribution to students; sponsorships directed to the series by our university and community partners; and the Donald L. Davis Lectureship Fund, an endowment created exclusively to support the series. No state funds, research foundation funds, tuition dollars, or general gifts to the university or UB Foundation are used to support the program.