Tickets for Distinguished Speakers Series
FOUR-PACK Subscriptions and Individual Lecture Tickets
Although full Series Subscriptions (ticketing for all 6 lectures) are no longer available, premium seating FOUR-PACKS are available for the last four lecture events of the series, which include: John Oliver, Magic Johnson, Robert Ballard and Steve Wozniak. The FOUR-PACKS are available in the Tier 1 and Tier 2 seating areas, and feature premium seating that will not become available for individual lecture purchases. Additional FOUR-PACK benefits include discount pricing on the FOUR-PACK; option to purchase VIP Parking Passes; and your seats will be held for your renewal for next year's series.
How to order FOUR-PACK Subscriptions:
- On-line through Ticketmaster (& choose seat locations): FOUR PACK
- Downloadable order form (88KB): please print/complete the form and return with payment to the Alumni Arena Ticket Office by mail/fax or in person (M-F, 9am-5pm)
- Visit the Alumni Arena Ticket Office
How to order Individual Lecture Tickets:
- Online through TicketMaster: Individual Lecture Tickets
- Downloadable order form (100KB): please print/complete the form and return with payment to the Alumni Arena Ticket Office by mail/fax or in person (M-F, 9am-5pm)
- Visit the Alumni Arena Ticket Office
|Seating Options||Series Subscription
(no longer available)
(Oliver thru Wozniak)
|Tier 1 (Floor)||$214||$156||$34||$34||$48.50||$44||$34||$44|
|Tier 2 (100-level)||$187||$140||$28||$28||$48.50||$38||$28||$38|
|Tier 3 (200-level)||$160||N.A.||$24||$24||$42.50||$32||$24||$32|
|General Admission (300-level/and possibly bleachers)||N.A.||N.A.||$16||$16||$38.50||$22||$16||$22|
Tickets for UB Students
UB undergrads and GSA-represented graduate students are eligible for free tickets (one per student) to all speaker events, while supplies last, as a benefit of SA and GSA sponsorships of the Speakers Series. Graduate students in the following schools/programs are not represented by the Graduate Student Association (GSA): Law, Dental, Medical, MBA and Pharmacy P1-4. Students in the following programs are also not represented by SA/GSA: Intensive English Program and the Gifted Math Program.
- Wes Moore Tickets - While supplies last, SA undergrads may pick up one free ticket at the SA Office (350 Student Union); GSA graduate students may pick up one free ticket at the SBI Ticket Office (221 Student Union). UB ID required.
- John Oliver tickets - UB SA undergrads and GSA-represented graduate students are eligible for one free ticket while supplies last. UB ID required. Ticket distribution sessions will take place as follows:
- Tues., Oct. 21, 6pm - 9pm* 1st floor, Alumni Arena
- Wed., Oct. 22, 9am - 12pm* 1st floor, Alumni Arena
Contributing Series Sponsors, United University Professions (UUP); TIAA-CREF; the UB Alumni Association; and the UB Office of Donor Relations, are offering discount vouchers that provide significant cost savings on ticket purchases. Discount vouchers are recognized only at the Alumni Arena Ticket Office (not through TicketMaster):
- UB United University Professions Chapters (UUP) Members:
- Lecture Discount Voucher: PDF (298KB)
- TIAA-CREF (for all UB faculty, staff and emeriti):
- Lecture Discount Voucher: PDF (299KB)
- UB Alumni Association Dues-Paying Members: please call 1-800-284-5382 / 645-3312, or e-mail: email@example.com, or visit online .
- University Circle Members: please contact Jen Silverman at 881-7482 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational Outreach Program: Free Distinguished Speakers Series Tickets for Local Schools and Community Organizations
The University at Buffalo is committed to enriching the lives of our local communities through our lecture programs. That's why UB often offers free Distinguished Speakers Series tickets to local high schools and community groups. The Educational Outreach Program is sponsored by:
Affiliate Series Sponsor Hodgson Russ LLP
The Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo
The Buffalo News
The Program is able to make free tickets available for the following lectures:
- Cheryl Strayed: High Schools
- Wes Moore: High Schools
- Magic Johnson: High Schools, Community & Religious Organizations
- Robert Ballard: High Schools
- Steve Wozniak: High Schools
Registration for free tickets will be made available on a lecture to lecture basis. Get the latest information.
Learn how UB is making a local impact .
If you are purchasing 10 or more tickets for a particular event, you are eligible for a group discount. To qualify, please use our downloadable group order form (PDF) which reflects group discount pricing.
Please contact the Office of Special Events at 645-6148 to augment your Book Club's Group Order.
Returns & Exchanges
The Special Events office has a no-refund-or-exchange policy for tickets purchased for any Distinguished Speakers lecture. However, refunds or exchanges will be honored in the event of a lecture cancellation.
All speaker honoraria and production expenses for the series are covered by the following: ticket sales; support provided voluntarily by student governments using their student activity fees to purchase large blocks of tickets for each of the lectures for free distribution to students; sponsorships directed to the series by our university and community partners; and the Donald L. Davis Lectureship Fund, an endowment created exclusively to support the series. No state funds, research foundation funds, tuition dollars, or general gifts to the university or UB Foundation are used to support the program.