Tickets for Distinguished Speakers Series
Series Subscriptions and Individual Lecture Tickets
Series subscriptions (entire series as a package) and/or individual lecture tickets may be purchased --
- By downloadable order form (61KB): please print/complete the form and return with payment to the Alumni Arena Ticket Office by mail/fax or in person (M-F, 9am-5pm)
- Online through TicketMaster
|Seating Options||Series Subscription||Strayed
|Tier 1 (Floor)||$214||$34||$34||$48.50||$44||$34||$44|
|Tier 2 (100-level)||$187||$28||$28||$48.50||$38||$28||$38|
|Tier 3 (200-level)||$160||$24||$24||$42.50||$32||$24||$32|
|General Admission (300-level/and possibly bleachers)||N.A.||$16||$16||$38.50||$22||$16||$22|
Tickets for UB Students
UB undergrads and GSA-represented graduate students are eligible for free tickets (one per student) to all speaker events, while supplies last, as a benefit of SA and GSA sponsorships of the Speakers Series. Graduate students in the following schools/programs are not represented by the Graduate Student Association (GSA): Law, Dental, Medical, MBA and Pharmacy P1-4. Students in the following programs are also not represented by SA/GSA: Intensive English Program and the Gifted Math Program.
- Cheryl Strayed Tickets - Beginning Monday (8/25/14) and while supplies last, SA undergrads may pick up one free ticket at the SA Office (350 Student Union); GSA graduate students may pick up one free ticket at the SBI Ticket Office (221 Student Union). UB ID required.
Contributing Series Sponsors, United University Professions (UUP); TIAA-CREF; the UB Alumni Association; and the UB Office of Donor Relations, are offering discount vouchers that provide significant cost savings on series subscription and individual lecture ticket purchases. Discount vouchers are recognized only at the Alumni Arena Ticket Office (not through TicketMaster or the series subscription online purchase site):
- UB United University Professions Chapters (UUP) Members:
- TIAA-CREF (for all UB faculty, staff and emeriti):
- UB Alumni Association Dues-Paying Members: please call 1-800-284-5382 / 645-3312, or e-mail: email@example.com, or visit online .
- University Circle Members: please contact Jen Silverman at 881-7482 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Ticketing Program: Free Distinguished Speakers Series Tickets for Local Schools and Community Organizations
The University at Buffalo is committed to nourishing and enriching the lives of our local communities. That's why UB often offers free Distinguished Speakers Series tickets to local high schools and community groups. These free tickets are made possible with the help of Affiliate Series Sponsor Hodgson Russ LLP. Learn how UB is making a local impact . Learn which lectures this community ticket program applies to and register your request.
If you are purchasing 10 or more tickets for a particular event, you are eligible for a group discount. To qualify, please use our downloadable group order form (PDF) which reflects group discount pricing.
Please contact the Office of Special Events at 645-6148 to augment your Book Club's Group Order.
Returns & Exchanges
The Special Events office has a no-refund-or-exchange policy for tickets purchased for any Distinguished Speakers lecture. However, refunds or exchanges will be honored in the event of a lecture cancellation.
All speaker honoraria and production expenses for the series are covered by the following: ticket sales; support provided voluntarily by student governments using their student activity fees to purchase large blocks of tickets for each of the lectures for free distribution to students; sponsorships directed to the series by our university and community partners; and the Donald L. Davis Lectureship Fund, an endowment created exclusively to support the series. No state funds, research foundation funds, tuition dollars, or general gifts to the university or UB Foundation are used to support the program.