Tickets for Distinguished Speakers Series
Series Subscriptions (ordering the entire series as a package)
Series subscriptions may be purchased:
- By downloadable order form (65KB): please print/complete the form and return with payment to the Alumni Arena Ticket Office by mail/fax or in person (M-F, 9am-5pm)
- Online (discount vouchers not applicable to online purchases)
Individual Lecture Tickets
At this time, individual lecture tickets may be purchased only as an add-on by someone who is purchasing one or more series subscriptions (entire series).
Beginning August 21 at noon, individual lecture tickets may be purchased by the general public. Tickets for each event will be available:
- Through the Alumni Arena Ticket Office: you may go there in person or you may mail/fax an order form to them (link to downloadable order form will be posted here by noon on 8/21).
- Online through TicketMaster (the link that will be posted here).
|Seating Options||Series Subscription||Cox
|Tier 1 (Floor)||$248||$44||$34||$60||$34||$44||$60|
|Tier 2 (100-level)||$216||$36||$28||$56||$28||$36||$56|
|Tier 3 (200-level)||$183||$30||$24||$48||$24||$30||$48|
|General Admission (300-level/and possibly bleachers)||$122||$20||$16||$32||$16||$20||$32|
Tickets for UB Students
UB undergrads and GSA-represented graduate students are eligible for free tickets (one per student) to all speaker events, while supplies last, as a benefit of SA and GSA sponsorships of the Speakers Series. Graduate students in the following schools/programs are not represented by the Graduate Student Association (GSA): Law, Dental, Medical, MBA and Pharmacy P1-4. Students in the following programs are also not represented by SA/GSA: Intensive English Program and the Gifted Math Program.
- Information on how, when and where eligible UB students may access a free ticket will be posted here prior to each lecture as it is coming up.
Contributing Series Sponsors, United University Professions (UUP); TIAA-CREF; the UB Alumni Association; and the UB Office of Donor Relations, are offering discount vouchers that provide significant cost savings on series subscription and individual lecture ticket purchases. Discount vouchers are recognized only at the Alumni Arena Ticket Office (not applicable to purchases made thru TicketMaster):
- UB United University Professions Chapters (UUP) Members:
- UB Alumni Association Members: please call 1-800-284-5382 / 645-3312, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- University Circle Members: please contact Jen Silverman at 881-7482 or email@example.com
Returns & Exchanges
The Special Events office has a no-refund-or-exchange policy for tickets purchased for any Distinguished Speakers lecture. However, refunds or exchanges will be honored in the event of a lecture cancellation.
All speaker honoraria and production expenses for the series are covered by the following: ticket sales; support provided voluntarily by student governments using their student activity fees to purchase large blocks of tickets for each of the lectures for free distribution to students; sponsorships directed to the series by our university and community partners; and the Donald L. Davis Lectureship Fund, an endowment created exclusively to support the series. No state funds, research foundation funds, tuition dollars, or general gifts to the university or UB Foundation are used to support the program.