What is UBLinked?
Get involved! UBLinked is a central hub of everything pertaining to campus activities. It provides an easy and convenient way to explore, connect with, and learn more about the various clubs, organizations, and offices on campus. This platform also serves as a means to track your participation at different events throughout the year and create a comprehensive resume, also known as a co-curricular transcript, with all of the activities you were involved with.
Let's get started!
Getting started on UBLinked is simple for currently enrolled students: using your UBIT name and password, log-in in the upper right hand corner of the UBLinked page: ublinked.buffalo.edu
(About UBITname/password )
Located on the homepage is a virtual event flier board that displays all of the events created by different clubs and organizations on campus.
Click on your name in the upper left hand corner of your page. Under this tab you are able to edit your profile and interests. Once you designate your interests, start joining organizations to get up-to-date information on events! Also by your name is the "My Involvement" tab. Under this section, you can see UBLife, your co-curricular transcript.
- What is UBLife? UBLife is the co-curricular record listing experiences you have had outside of the classroom during your time at UB. It is a document that compliments your Academic Transcript by defining key engagement experiences, otherwise referred to as Pillar Experiences. These experiences help enhance your academic record and provide insight to your involvement on campus.
- What is a Pillar Experience? Pillar Experiences are events, workshops, student employment, service, or other opportunities that are high-impact experiences. In order to be classified as a Pillar Experience, it must have a learning outcome, be a substantive interaction in or out of class, deepen understanding of self or others, connect in-class and out-of-class learning, and be non-credit bearing.
- Register your organization! Once logged into UBLinked, you can register your organization (if you haven't done so already). Click on organizations under the main banner. On the left hand side of the screen click on "Register a New Organization."
How to Get Involved
How can I get involved as a student?
As a student, there are many ways that UBLinked can help you navigate the hundreds of clubs and organizations on campus. Here are a few ways how:
- Manage your club memberships
- Utilize the recommendation tools by providing your interests
- Browse through the directory of clubs and organizations
- Find club websites and contact information to get connected
- View the virtual event flier board and campus news
How can my student club or organization get involved?
UBLinked is a powerful tool for student clubs and organizations to manage their group, may that be group communications, event management, or even the election process. Here are some other ways to utilize UBLinked:
- Manage approvals and fee allocations
- View the organizations effectiveness through surveys
- Roster management and elections
- Event promotion
- Tracking event attendance
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I create an organization? Once logged into UBLinked, click on Organizations located under the UBLinked banner. On the left hand side, click on Register in the Register a New Organization box. Fill out the necessary forms (5-step process) and submit for approval.
- How do I join an organization? Click on the Organizations tab at the top of the page and select the group you wish to join. On the group's homepage, there will be a Join Organization icon at the right side of the page. The request will be sent to the organization for approval; however some groups participate in automatic approval.
- How do I create an event? After your organization is registered on UBLinked, search for your organization under Organizations. Select your group and on the left hand side of your profile select Events. Once you are on the Events page, you will see the Create Event icon on the right hand side of the screen under the UBLinked banner. Fill out the required forms and submit for approval.
- Why isn't my event visible on the flier board? Be sure to upload a photo with your event. Events with photos or fliers will be shown on the flier board on the main page of UB Linked. You can always edit this after the fact.
- How do I make my event a Pillar Experience? In order to create a Pillar Experience, it must meet the criteria set by the University. There are five components the event needs to encompass:
- Must have a clear learning outcome
- Cannot offer academic credit
- Must be a substantive interaction, in class or out of class with peers, faculty and/or staff
- Can be a common experience that deepens understanding of self or others
- Must be an opportunity to connect in-class and out-of-class learning
Need further assistance?
Do you have a question about UBLinked? Contact email@example.com or call (716)645-2055! We are committed to responding within 24 hours, Monday through Friday.